MEET THE TEAM
- No one ever guesses that I was born in Iowa
- One of the most interesting things I have done is building a golf course in South Africa
- Last book I read was The Three Body Problem by Caixin Liu
- The thing I am most disappointed about myself is my Thai listening comprehension
- Words to live by: Be brave enough to say yes; be wise enough to say no
Unyarut (Fai) Sukontanit
- Animals over human. Sharks over hot guys. Always.
- Get easily excited at even the slightest thing. High curiosity in everything. Extremely passionated about scuba diving and freediving
- The only sports gold medal i have is from 28th Phuket King’s Cup Regatta for Modern Classic Class. (Other things i can’t even manage to pass basics…)
- speaks fluent Thai, English, and Japanese but sometimes it gets mixed up I lose them all
- Words to live by: nothing last forever
Dr. Ammarin (Aor) Daranpob
- Wants to live in a world filled with innovative and fun ideas, books that come bundled with extra dark chocolate and a cup of hot chocolate that is automatically filled up.
- A ‘jack of all trades’ engineer who is passionate about green engineering and sustainable development
- Have tried multiple outlandish projects like trying to measure soil moisture using satellites, predicting stream flow using AI-based neural networks and genetic algorithms, and constructing a self-cleaning human wastewater system
- When not busy with work, likes to sip fresh coconut water while pondering questions of “how” and “why” wondering how much we could learn if we could live forever
- I am a culinary adventurer. Once had snake’s blood and bile in Indonesia
- Passionate about traveling and exploring new places, I managed to live on 4 continents
- Have already participated in a Spartan Race in France and keen to do one more
- Words to live by: There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs
Korapat (Pat) Arunanondchai
- Once took part in an art performance that involved half-naked body painting and rapping (badly) in front of a crowd at Moma PS1. Curiously got invited to do it again at UCCA in Beijing
- Recently discovered a whole new underwater world through scuba diving
- After 4 years of language study, 1 semester abroad in Beijing and 2 years living in Shanghai, still haven’t mastered Mandarin, but enough to get by in China
- Words to live by: Fail fast, fail often, but don’t be afraid to follow your passion
- 9+ years experience in the financial technology space across EMV payments, Mobile payments, Banking systems, Blockchain & Cryptocurrencies.
- Versatile experience of working with blooming startups like CellPointMobile, Anatwine & large enterprises like Oracle, Gemalto at a international scale.
- Work experience of India, France, Denmark, UK & Thailand.
- Experience in architecting, designing, coding applications & automation frameworks with Java, PHP, NodeJS, Solidity, OracleDB, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Google cloud & Amazon Web services.
- Co-founded Compdoc systems, Alulim technologies & Cipher Venture Capital Pte Ltd